Saturday 21 November 2009

Two ties, and then some

I had lunch in Sloane Square with a colleague, who insists I am someone she depends on to find out what's happening in the world of quality buys - for less. That got me thinking - why not start a blog to share what I have discovered...

After lunch, she went for a spa treatment and I went about checking out the shops along Kings Road. I found a really cool gift (full price) for another colleague... from Design House Stockholm (http://www.designhousestockholm.com/; 205 Kings Road, London SW3 5ED). To stop myself from letting the cat out of the bag, I shall tell you what I bought from this shop in a few days (after I have presented the gift to her).

But on to the real deal. I found myself making my way back to King Street on Hammersmith, near where I live. Walking into TKMaxx (http://www.tkmaxx.com/; 57 King Street, London W6 9HW) was probably my highlight for this weekend. Here's what I found and bought:

A purple 'liberty print' tie by Baumler (usually £25 - purchased for £9.99)
A black polka dotted tie by William Hunt of Savile Row (usually £85 - purchased for £12.99)
Add Image


















A range of personal grooming products, including:
Cerruti Pour Homme Apres Rasage (usually £26.99 - purchased for £9.99)
Savon de Marseilles Ylang Noir Pur liquid soap (usually £14.50 - purchased for £5.99)
Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream (usually £5.99 - purchased for £3.99)
The Real Shaving Co Hair & Body Wash (usually £4.99 - purchased for £2.99)
Pecksniff's Citrus Shower Gel (usually £15.00 - purchased for £2.99)




1 comment: